The mission of the South Carolina Grantmakers Network is to promote networking of its members, enhance the professional education of the membership, foster collaborative funding opportunities, promote philanthropy in South Carolina, and leverage influence of Grantmakers in their respective communities.
Membership is open to private, community, health legacy and corporate foundations, supporting organizations, as well as corporate giving programs. Members must award grants totaling no less than $25,000 to more than one institution or organization each budget year.
The SC Grantmakers Network is governed by a six-member Steering Committee led by a member selected chairperson. This committee is responsible for:
- Addressing any operational or organizational issues
- Planning programs
- Building an effective organization
George Stevens – Coastal Community Foundation
- Jo Bull, Central Carolina Community Foundation
- Tina Markanda, The Duke Endowment
- Mary Henderson, J. Marion Sims Foundation
- Molly Talbot-Metz, Mary Black Foundation
- Carol Hasbrouk-Browning, BiLo Charities
Initiative Focus Area Chairs
- Healthcare Committee: Chaired by Joe Bonner - Fullerton Foundation, Inc.
- Education Committee: Chaired by Geales Sands - Bunnelle Foundation
- Rural Development/Environment Committee: Chaired by John Sands - Gaylord and Dorothy Donnelley Foundation
Past Chairs of the SC Grantmakers Network
- Frank Wideman – Self Family Foundation
- Will Close – Springs Close Foundation
- Tom Keith – Sisters of Charity Foundation of South Carolina
- John Dargan – Spartanburg County Foundation
- L. Bradley Callicott – Drs Bruce & Lee Foundation
- Cookie Sprouse – Chapin Foundation
- Mary Thomas - Spartanburg County Founation